How Does “Steam” Carpet Cleaning Work?
Despite its name, “steam” carpet cleaning does not actually use steam to clean your carpets. Instead, powerful carpet cleaning detergents are mixed with hot—not steamy—water and applied to the carpet by a “steam cleaner,” or carpet extractor. Next, a high-tech wet vac is used to fully extract the water from the carpet, along with dirt, grime, debris, and odor.
Some of the benefits of steam carpet cleaning include:
- Deep cleaning that goes far below just the surface of your carpets
- Reliable and complete spot, stain, and odor removal
- Allows for removal of stubborn, difficult-to-extract dirt, debris, and pests
- Up to 94% removal of common household allergens
- Fast and effective process that does not leave behind odors or residue
- Healthier and safer choice products available for your peace of mind
Our Carpet Cleaning Services
At Mars Services, our carpet cleaning services serving the Dallas-Fort Worth area, do not cause any damage to your carpets. Additionally, we utilize low-moisture methods and ensure the complete extraction of water and cleaning agents, so you do not have to worry about mold or mildew growth. Our professional carpet cleaning technicians are fully trained, licensed, and prepared to provide exceptional-quality results.
Check out of most frequently asked questions.
How long should I stay off carpets after a professional cleaning?Generally speaking, we recommend that you refrain from walking across carpets for a minimum of six hours after they have been professionally cleaned. You should also keep children and pets off carpets for at least six hours after a professional cleaning. If you absolutely must walk on your carpets, wait at least 30 minutes after professional cleaning is complete before removing shoes and walking across carpets with clean, white socks.
How much does professional carpet cleaning cost?Although professional carpet cleaning is an expense, it is far less than what you would pay to completely replace your carpets. At Mars Services, we prioritize fair and transparent pricing. The exact cost of your service will depend on several factors, including the square footage of the space. We can walk through our pricing structure with you before beginning any service, and we provide fixed rates based on the quality of service we provide. We also offer several payment plans and discount pricing for members.
How often should my carpets be professionally cleaned?We recommend that you have your home’s carpets professionally cleaned about once every 6 to 12 months, depending on various factors. If you have pets, children, or high-traffic areas of your home, it may be beneficial to have professional carpet cleaning more often. For businesses and other commercial carpet cleaning needs, we recommend scheduling professional cleaning services about once every 3 to 6 months.
How to Keep Your Carpets Clean
In between deep cleanings, you can protect your carpet’s longevity and prevent stains by taking several easy steps:
- Vacuum regularly. At Mars Services, we recommend vacuuming your carpets at least once a week, though twice a week is better. If you have pets, vacuuming two to three times weekly is ideal. You should also vacuum high-traffic areas, such as hallways and entryways, more often.
- Protect your carpets with rugs, mats, and other protective barriers. You may also want to request that people remove their shoes before walking across carpets, and try to avoid eating (or allowing children to eat) over carpets, as this is one of the most common causes of stains.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent stains. The more time a liquid has to sink into the carpet, the deeper and harder to remove the spot will be. Carefully blot or dab the area with a clean, damp towel or rag. Avoid scrubbing, as this can damage the carpet fibers.
- Schedule professional carpet cleaning regularly or immediately after a major stain to avoid further damage. Our professional carpet cleaners can effectively treat all types of spots and stains, as well as remove dirt, debris, allergens, and pests, leaving your carpets spotless.
Most experts agree that you should schedule professional carpet cleaning for your home every 6 to 12 months, depending on various lifestyle factors. For most commercial properties, the recommended schedule for professional carpeting cleaning is once every 3 to 6 months, on average.
The Mars Difference
Whether you need commercial carpet cleaning, stain removal, specialty rug cleaning, or odor removal, Mars Services is here to handle all your residential and commercial carpet cleaning needs. We utilize advanced, cutting-edge cleaning techniques that are proven to remove stubborn spots, pet-related odors, harmful bacteria, and up to 94% of the most common household allergens, allowing you to breathe easy. We also handle a full range of upholstery cleaning services, as well as tile and grout cleaning for homes and businesses throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Our Dallas-Fort Worth carpet cleaning professionals serve a wide area, including Haltom City, Frisco, Allen, Preston Hollow, North Dallas, North Fort Worth, University Park, Arlington, Irving, and the nearby communities. We offer affordable everyday rates, as well as special offers for members and a variety of payment plans. Learn more about our membership program and how you can save on your next professional carpet cleaning service from Mars Services!
Call (817) 476-7232 or contact us online to speak to a member of our team about carpet cleaning in Dallas-Fort Worth.
The Mars Difference
We offer competitive pricing by minimizing our overhead so that no additional costs are passed on to our customers.
We are accessible 24/7, offer weekend appointments, and always arrive within our scheduled 2-hour appointment slots.
We have subject matter experts to handle all areas of your residential, multi-family and commercial needs.
Ask Us a Question
Fill out the form below to tell us about your project or call us at (817) 476-7232 today.